Chemical peel uses a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. It is helpful for those individuals with facial blemishes, wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation. Phenol, trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and alphahydroxy acids (AHAs) are used for this purpose. The precise formula used may be adjusted to meet each patient’s needs.
Deciding if chemical peel is right for you Chemical peel is most commonly performed for cosmetic reasons:
• To enhance your appearance and your self-confidence.
• Chemical peel may also remove pre-cancerous skin growths,
• Soften acne facial scars and even control acne.
For first time peel user or patients looking for gentle superficial peel to make their skin brighter and more radiant. Non-invasive very superficial.
Is suitable for all skin types, requires little to no downtime, and procedures predictable and noticeable results.
This superficial peel penetrates in the deeper layer of the epidermis and procedure s the most amount of exfoliation.
Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE™
Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE is a quick-and-easy, in-office application that can be completed in a matter of minutes.
• Instant, radiant results for most skin types.
• Improves a range of skin concerns, including: photodamage, and results in an overall improvement in texture and tone.
• May be beneficial if you have darker skin with pigmentary changes.
• Superficial exfoliation, with little to no downtime.
• Provides instant radiance—tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just 1 use.
• A series of 4 to 6 peels provides best overall results.
Common Questions and Answers
If I use Nu-Derm® or Obagi-C® Rx, can I still have the peel?
Blue Peel RADIANCE is an easy-to-use and gentle booster to any Obagi skin care system. Just make sure you cease use of exfoliating or potentially irritating products 3 days prior to the peel. These products include any hydroquinone-containing products, exfoliating agents (such as Exfoderm® and Exfoderm® Forte), and tretinoin. In addition, you should avoid excessive sun exposure, electrolysis, depilatory creams, waxing, and laser hair removal 5 to 7 days prior to the peel.